Communications Service Technician, Two-Way Radio Technician, Joliet, IL
A Beep, LLC (www.ABeep.com) offers a full range of two-way radio communication services.
We are the exclusive providers of Diga-Talk/Diga-Talk+, an all-digital 2-way communications network built for business and transportation. Diga-Talk (www.Diga-Talk.com) is wholly owned by A Beep and is currently the largest system of its kind covering Northern and Central Illinois, Northeast Indiana and Central & Southeastern Wisconsin. Diga-Talk+ is a nationwide digital network.
A Beep is an authorized dealer for Kenwood, Tait, Telex, and more. We specialize in the design, sales and service of a wide range of wireless products and systems ranging from simple two-way radios to complex multi-site digital systems, radio dispatch systems including Voice over IP, wireless data systems including AVL, in-building amplifiers (BDA), paging systems and microwave systems.
You must be a self-starter with excellent customer service skills. You may be needed to work overtime from time to time and to do field work. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- Installation, preventative maintenance, testing, repairing and modifying various two-way radio infrastructures.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, discuss, and resolve questions and problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner on customer’s site or at A Beep’s shop location.
- Repairing, maintaining, modifying and programming two-way radio communications equipment and systems, troubleshooting customer equipment problems.
- Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in the radio and communication area.
- Extensive knowledge/understanding of two-way radio theory and communications systems required.
- The ability to program, troubleshoot and perform system diagnostics on complex radio systems.
- Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, mulitcouplers and duplexers, basic networking skills.
- 2-year degree in electronics or related field or comparable military training and/or experience
- Candidates must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license.
- FCC General Radio-Telephone License or PCIA (NABER) certification is a plus
To apply: Careers - Diga-Talk+